Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What Fun!

I haven't made any bags for a really long time. In another life, I was once a handbag designer for a large Canadian firm. Back then, I had to worry about the drafting of the dies for the die makers, cutting layouts, the percentage of waste  for each new style, and of course the cost accounting.
Now I only have to concern myself with which color or motif to use next. I had a wonderful time creating these little bags, and I sold several at the East Bay Heritage Quilt Show in Richmond, CA, last month.
This is what I started with. I cut my panels from my hand dyed Radiance and ultra sateen. Below are a couple of my favorites that I sold at the show. I had to take the photos on the fly before they disappeared with their new owners. The bags were all printed with my Textile Design Stencils.

Here is my Beetle Bag that I made with black ultra sateen.I love the colors on this piece. I hang these bags on the wall as art when I'm not using them.












The bag on the right is my Thistle Bag. This bag was also printed on black ultra sateen. I have a few more of my finished bags available on my Website.

3 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

they are gorgeous, but couldn't find them on your website.

A.Sproule said...

Dear Kay,
Thanks for keeping me on my toes. I am revising my website and I have not posted them yet. Thanks for the reminder!I will do it today (4-19-12).

cat in tassie said...

Stunning little bags, April - definitely works of art!